Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP round-up

In my last post, I, um, mentioned that I had a few works in progress (WIPs, as I've learned we cross-stitchers say).   I still can't believe I have six projects on the go.   I'd demand a recount, but there's photographic evidence to the contrary ;) 

First up in this round-up is Bluebeard's Princess by Mirabilia on a Silkweaver Solo.  I really need to finish this, I'm so close.  Just finishing the left arm, which looks like a claw right now, adding the shell, the crown at the top, backstitching and then tons more beading.  Maybe I'm not as close to finishing as I think I am.

 
This is Chatelaine's Autumn Knotgarden, on Lambswool Jobelan. I've stitched two out of six parts.
 

Another Chatelaine, Butterfly Elegance, on black Jobelan.  It looks great on black, but it's also hard on the eyes.  I'm thinking that this would be a perfect patio project when summer finally comes back around. 

 
Chatelaine's Polar Mandala, the first of twelve parts.  ALL OVER ONE.  Nearly 30,000 stitches.  I needed a bit of a break, but I love it and I love the fabric I chose for it, Crafty Kitten's Aurora.   
 
 
Yet another Chatelaine, Beaded Dragonfly Tile (there will be tons of beads, I'm just waiting for the beadpack to arrive).  I started this in mid-December and I couldn't put it down, despite a looming deadline...
 

My final WIP is my piece for the 2013 Mirabilia Round Robin.  It's stitched on PTP Heather Jobelan and I have to mail it on Monday.  Oops!  I procrastinated a bit, because I was so enjoying the piece above.  I'm hoping to finish all of my piece, Angel of the New Dawn, before mailing.  I also have to stitch the title below the boxes and finalize the working copies for the ladies who'll be stitching on this piece. 


 And there you have it.  Six WIPs.  Sigh. 

13 comments:

  1. Procrastinating, eh? You aren't the only one. I've been furiously stitching away on my mermaid before I can mail it off to you. Your angel looks beautiful already!

    I have way more than 6 WIPs. I think I have at least 6 just in the basket next to where I sit. Don't feel too bad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog!

    Karen says "hi" btw. :)

    I love your WIPs! Especially the mermaid.

    I try not to have too many WIPs too, but before you know it you get 13 and then you decide to host an exchange (this would be me)!

    I can't wait to see more of your work!

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your work. I am so glad you decided to blog. I eagerly await progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful progress! I found my way here from Karen too :-) Can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear it's me cucki from South Africa
    Your new happy follower :)
    Karen is saying hi to you :) I read about you on her blog
    Your stitching is so pretty and I love all the wips
    Love for you and happy stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,

    I'm a new follower of your awesome stitching blog, I'm from Bilbao.

    I read about your blog on Karen's blog, she says "Hi!"

    Have a nice day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just found you through Karen's blog! I'm now a follower, I'm Mii, French national living in snowy UK! Looking forward to read & see all your progress on these beautiful WIPs. Have a lovely stitchy weekend, Mii x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are close to finishing that Mermaid. Keep on stitching, keep on stitching. I LOVE your RR piece. So beautiful. I will enjoy watching this one grow. I am now a follower. Oh, and Karen says "Hi". Which is how I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some GREAT projects going. I, like you, used to be a one-at-a-timer but quickly got over that. I do sometimes have a twinge of "guilt" when I think of how many WIPs I have, but I quickly get over it as I just remember that it's not a race.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome everyone, and thank you, Karen, for sending me all these great friends. I've visited all of your blogs and you all have some amazing stitching. I look forward to learning more about you.

    P.S. McKenna, 13 WIPs? Really? My heart just about skipped a beat at the thought. Although I do like starting new projects and I have lots of lovely fabric just waiting to be stitched on...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello

    I've come over from Karen's blog.
    I'm also a new blogger!

    Your wips are beautiful!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie!! Karen still says Hi! Can't seem to get away from her LOL.
    Your RR piece looks amazing, I love those borders. Looking forward to seeing it in person wow!

    ReplyDelete